In the past few weeks I wrapped up my time in Arequipa & Lima, Peru and finally made it to Brasil. Peru was great and it really finished strongly. I hiked through the Colca Canyon for 3 days, & spent a nice day & a half in Lima.
The Colca Canyon hike was great, and nice alternative to the Incan Trail mostly because it included a paradise-esque half-a-day stop at this fabulosos desert resort. My only complaint is that this pic was purely marketing based and did not actually represent the clientele of the resort. Other than that one shortcoming the place was great; they gave Papi the Rain Man suite. That's right I just referred to myself as Papi. When you quit your job and decide to travel to South America during possibly the worst recession of the past 50 years you are allowed certain perks...one of them is being brash and selectively referring to yourself as Papi despite not actually being Latino. All I can say is, unlike the S&P, my inner joy was at its 52 week high when I was here. Life is good.
Let's pause here for a meaningless but light hearted tangent. Most of you have probably never been to Peru...and by all means you should go. It's a beautiful country with a great culture. However you should know that Peruvians absolutely love...LOVE...alpaca. I had alpaca soup. I had grilled alpaca. I had alpaca fried. I had alpaca spaghetti; and while that might sound Italian I assure you it is not. In China right now 2009 is the year of the Ox. Not in Peru my friends. In Peru it is ALWAYS the year of the alpaca. Basically they love alpaca the way Forrest Gump loved shrimp. All I'm saying is you should know this beforehand.
(inside joke alert) Let's pause here for a second meaningless tangent. Is any wonder that the name D'Onofrio is associated worldwide with nothing but junk food?! I am surprised without being surprised.
Either way after the hike I spent a day & a half in Miraflores in Lima, Peru. It was nice and a great place to relax for a day before flying to Sao Paulo and finally arriving in Brasil. I spent 2 days in Sao Paulo & did a lot of the normal touristy stuff that one would expect. But honestly who really cares about which museum I went to and what neighborhoods I walked through. It was kind of a cool city that is big & is similar to New York in the sense that it is kinda massive concrete jungle. I wasted no time in getting myself to the beach; first going to Paraty and then later Ilha Grande, a true gem of an island. Check out what paradise looks like. Both places were great and served as a nice warm-up to Rio de Janeiro which my friends is where it's at. All I can say is I now understand why Snoop Dogg films music videos down here.
I would like to take this time to address the most common request I have gotten from several of you (i.e., most of my college male friends). It has been asked of me to take more gratuitous but yet still tasteful photos of the chicas of South America, specifically Brasil. Well the blog is all about giving the people what they want. So I am pledging right here & right now that the next blog entry will fully address these requests. And specifically for those of you who are former and/or current PwC TS'ers you will find it especially humorous. Please check back in around 1 week.
No comments:
Post a Comment