Friday, January 23, 2009

Week #2: Beach + Mountains = Good times

Hello yall. I´m happy to report that this week has gone considerably smoother than last week with one relatively minor curveball. Without getting into the sordid details suffice to say that deciding to stay at a no-frills, 10 miles out of town, dirty & dusty hostel was a bad idea. Well that's what you get when you're forced to book last minute for the first few days in Mar Del Plata. Adding to the banner experience was that in the end we got screwed out of our last nights deposit by the dishonest owner. I'm cool now but during the time of our getting 'screwed over' by the owner I immediately began lobbing F-bombs like O'Reilly in the direction of said proprietor. What can I say?...I felt an intense obligation to represent NYC. Nonetheless Mark & myself had a strong finish in Mar Del Plata as we enjoyed our final 3 days at the local Sheraton courtesy of my Starwood points. In between all the drama we managed to find some time to horse around, chill at the pool, check out the famously crowded Mar Del Plata beaches and soak up the really nice coastal landscape. Also on the edge of town we found this ridiculous, seemingly never-ending sunflower field...kinda strange but cool. Also we enjoyed the prime seaside location to hit up some good seafood...and of course my foolproof method for choosing the best seafood came through once again. I suggest you follow and begin only eating at places that have large, plastic replicas of the main courses you wish to eat. This will work I swear.

After finishing off our Presidential stay at the Sheraton I enjoyed a not-so-fun 20 hour busride to Bariloche but was worth it since it came with a wonderful meal. I'm now writing you from one of the more awesome/postcard worthy places I have ever been in that of Bariloche, Argentina (it is nestled in south-western Argentina on border between w/Chile). This whole town, which is in the middle of a big lake region is full of stunning views. I did a lot of outdoorsy stuff while here but will fill you in more when I get to my next posting in a week. But you can expect some pretty good pictures. That's right folks I'm just living the dream.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pictures look incredible brother man. Live it up.

Unknown said...

O.G. - Original Guy,

Classic blogs! I'll give a 100 pesos for the publishing rights. Good stuff! Glad to hear you are having an awesome time. It sounds great. Love the pictures. Keep LTDing (livng the dream)
Keep us updated.

Laters
Mike
PS Don't bring any coffee home from Columbia